Denver 50 Rules and Specifications:
How do I enter The Denver 50?
1. Write a 50 to 150-word description of your idea in a Word document.
2. Decide which execution or executions best represent your idea. You could choose a single piece. Or up to 10 executions in an integrated campaign.
3. Optimize the executions you want to submit with your idea according to the specs below.
4. Put all the executions in a single folder with your Word document.
5. Title the folder with the name of your agency and a number. (For instance, the second entry from Karsh\Hagan could be tiltled "KH2.")
6. Repeat this process for as many ideas as you want to submit to the Denver 50.
7. Burn all your folders to CD-ROM or DVD.
8. Each submission is $100 for members, $150 for non-members. Make checks payable to the New Denver Ad Club for the appropriate amount.
9. Deliver your disc (or discs) and check to Matt Ingwalson at Karsh\Hagan, 2399 Blake, Denver, CO 80205. Submissions must arrive by August 22.
1. Entries must be submitted by 6:00 pm on August 22, 2007.
2. $100 per entry for members, $150 for non-members. Each entry can include one to 10 pieces that represent the idea. Winners will be charged a $50 hanging fee if selected for the Denver 50 Show.
3. The idea must have been created in Colorado.
4. The idea must have debuted publicly between 8/1/07 and 8/22/08.
5. You cannot submit any piece more than once. For instance, do not submit a print ad campaign and then also submit each ad in that campaign separately.
How do I size my files?
Option 1 - Compose a two-minute (or less) slideshow or video about your idea. You can include photos, videos, a voiceover, or whatever you want along with the elements of your idea. This is how they do the Titanium Lions at Cannes. For examples, see:
Option 2 - Follow the instructions below.
1. Print ad, editorial layout, outdoor, logo, poster or other printed piece: Convert your file into an RGB .jpg or .gif. Make it fit within 900x600 pixel space. The total file size must not exceed 1Mb.
2. Video, animation or commercial: Create a 320x240 .flv file. Compress the video at 400Kbps and the audio at 96Kbps. If you'd like to submit a .mov, make sure it is 320x240 and no larger than 4Mb.
3. Website or microsite: Your site must be hosted somewhere for it to be judged. Submit a link to the site. If you choose, you can also submit a screencapture of your idea to demonstrate a key detail, following the requirements for a print ad or poster.
4. Web banners or rich media: Send us your .swf, .gif, .flv or whatever your deliverable was, no larger than 4Mb. If you feel it must be seen in context, you can submit a screencapture.
5. Event, signage, packaging, 3-D piece, environmental or guerrilla activity: Take a photo and then follow the requirements for a print/poster idea. Or take a movie and follow the requirements for a video/spot.
6. Radio spot or audio track: Submit an .mp3. File size must not exceed 2Mb.
7. Something else: Write an explanation in a Word doc and add it to your folder. Be as clear as possible. Include a photo if you like. If this isn't working for you, email